Alzheimer’s caregivers are 6 times more likely to develop dementia
As you cope with increased stress and perhaps anxieties and fears you run the risk of becoming a statistic you’d rather not be a part of…
- Depression affects 20 to 40% of all caregivers
- Close to 20% of Americans who provide informal, unpaid care feel that their health has gotten worse as a result of their caregiving responsibilities
- Caregivers are at increased risk for premature aging and stress-related chronic health conditions like heart disease, diabetes, gastrointestinal problems, and neurodegenerative diseases
With less energy to eat healthily and less time to exercise, socialize, and stimulate your brain, you suffer—-and so does the loved one in your care.
But, even in the face of all these health risks, there is hope. You CAN have a healthy, happy life together where you thrive and experience joy.
HOW THE CAREGIVER METHOD CAN HELP
By learning simple steps to improve the overall health and quality of life for yourself and your family members, you develop compassion, resilience, and better coping skills.
The Caregiver Method teaches you how to:
- Create ‘easy-to-stick-to’ routines so you can eliminate the stress of the unknown
- Develop healthy meal plans that don’t require a lot of prep time and make it easy for you and your loved one to add nutrient-rich foods to your diet (even when your loved one is resistant!)
- Perform gentle yet invigorating exercises with your loved one to improve your chances of aging with a healthy body and mind. We offer customizable land-, water- and chair-based movement programs to strengthen and rejuvenate body, brain, and soul.
- Incorporate non-exercise based brain boosters such as arts & crafts and music.
- Incorporate gentle, daily exercise (BrainBodyMoves) habits that take into account limitations while also stimulating body, brain, and soul to support physical, cognitive and emotional wellbeing
You’ll also learn techniques for…
- Easily reducing stress levels as soon as you feel overwhelmed or uncertain
- Practicing self-care that doesn’t require hours spent away from home or expensive treatments
- Balancing your responsibilities to your loved one with your personal needs
I have been a caregiver. I understand the challenges you go through every hour, every minute of the day.
Through this program, I teach you how to support the health of both you and your aging family member so you can both thrive for the rest of your lives.
This program is available via:
- 1-on-1 in-person consultations & coaching sessions
- In-person educational workshops & presentations
- Virtual coaching from the comfort of your home (coming soon!)