Now in my 60s, a recent test of my “biological” age shows I’m closer to 48.
Hello! I’m Marion Recktenwald, PhD and Aging Transformation Specialist for Body and Brain
You’d never guess given the physical and mental fitness levels I enjoy today that both my parents suffered from neurodegenerative diseases, including dementia and Parkinson’s.
That I had to watch my closest aunt lose her independence, suffer from chronic pain due to years in a wheelchair, and quickly accelerate into cognitive decline before dying too soon.
I’ve also faced my own health challenges with Lyme Disease, Celiac Disease, and Fibromyalgia.
Like so many of us, I used to focus on my day-to-day life — work, eat, sleep, repeat — not thinking too far into the future. But when I became both an in-person and long distance caregiver and my health issues played havoc with my mind and body — my eyes opened.
And so would the loved ones in my care.
That’s when I became what I’ve coined a Dementia Detective®. I wanted to understand what factors had caused my mom, dad, and aunt to decline so rapidly.
Would genes alone ultimately serve me the same fate? Or could I slow the aging process — continuing to feel energized, productive, and alert for years to come?
Using my passion and skills for research and education I started to uncover clues and develop indicators that can help us all add quality years to our life.
I identified baselines for optimizing our health to potentially reverse, halt, or slow the aging process — allowing us to experience a strong body and sharp mind into our 80s, 90s, and beyond.
Today, through my in-person and online programs I’ve helped hundreds of baby boomers and seniors optimize their health, prevent premature aging, slow disease progression, and improve their quality of life.
Age with Joy is my way of sharing the years of deep research, theoretical knowledge, and practical experience I’ve amassed to go confidently into my later years.
I want that confidence for you too.
- Certified Personal Trainer, National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certified Functional Aging Specialist, Functional Aging Institute
- Certified Brain Health Trainer, Functional Aging Institute
- Certified Ageless Grace Educator, Ageless Grace®
- Certified PWR!Moves® Instructor & PT, PWR!® Parkinson Wellness Recovery
- Certified AFA Partner in Care, Alzheimer’s Foundation of America
Certified Tai-Chi Instructor, Open the Door to Tai Chi
- Certified Functional Aging Group Exercise Specialist, Functional Aging Institute
- Certified Fitness Instructor, Aerobics and Fitness Association of America
- Certified Aqua Instructor, Yet Wet
- Certified Zumba Instructor, Zumba.com
- Neurokinetic Therapy Scholar, NKT